Operation Rainbow Bright was in full swing this week as I tackled the master bathroom. I was hoping to have it be a nice extension of what we have going on in the bedroom (blues with warm orange and pear green accents), so I debated between green and orange for a while before settling on the color. (I didn't even think I could talk Scott into letting me do orange!) My intention was a nice warm orange, but after going over colors with the hubs and Sarah, we came up with a brighter, lighter orange.
In the early stages of the painting part, I had a twinge or two of panic. haha! It was a little (lot) brighter than I had planned. I continued on though, knowing we could make it work. Now that it's finished (aside from some touching up) I think it looks great! Scott even seems to like it!
Here are the before pics that our realtor took. It was the same cappuccino color that the rest of the house is (darker in real life than pictures.)
And here's the way it looks now! Ellen, as usual, was my little model.
I don't have a picture of it, but the old light fixture looked like boobs! Haha! It was a brassy tone and basically just two globes stuck to each other! We replaced it, as well as the sink fixture and knobs on the cabinet.
We've got some blinds for the window and I had this fabric in my stash that I'm going to make a window treatment with. I LOVE it, but never really had a purpose for it, other than a camera strap cover or two. It doesn't have the blues of the bedroom, but the pattern is similar in style to what we are using on our headboard (with modern florals and sketchbook drawings) so I think it will work fine.
And I finally printed one of my flower shots to hang over the throne! Mine is the one on the bottom and the top pic is one my friend Haley took and was kind enough to share with me! (I featured it on the Maternal Lens yesterday.) They are both sorta macro-y and kind of abstract, so I think they work well together. I wasn't sure if I wanted to keep the frames wood-tone, but they match the cabinet perfectly ($8 at Walmart!) so I kept them unpainted and I think it looks great.
So, YAY!, a finished room!!! "Tangerine Cream" was a success!
MOVING ON UP....
5 years ago