This is my personal blog to help keep family and friends up to date with our projects. Feel free to follow along!

Saturday, December 6, 2008

Seriously, why do I do this to myself?!

Today I decided to attempt a *simple* project - making a garland for the banister out of old Christmas cards (circa 2000) cut into stars, glittered and tied together. Easy right? Well, it took me all stinking day! I hate when that happens and it happens all the time! It looks kinda cute and was a recycling project, but I don't know that it was worth the effort. Maybe if my kids were old enough to help...

I made this - and it was a pain in the butt!

This garland project brought to mind a similar garland making experience. Two years ago, I decided to string some popcorn for the tree to make it more of a child-like tree for Sarah, and it took me forever! Literally, I spent 3 days on it, probably a good 7 hours of sitting and stringing. Took me so long, I wasn't about to throw it out, so I have saved it and reused it each year since. LOL It's stale, but fine. Who needs fresh popcorn garland on their tree anyway?

popcorn garland -  a labor of love and another pain in the butt!

My pain-in-the-butt project last year was huge felt ornaments. I saw some in the Pottery Barn catalog and thought they'd be easy to make and perfect for filling out our tree, which I thought would be bare without my glass ornament collection, which I wasn't putting out because of our toddling twins. Quickly I realized that putting felt on a round form was impossible! After lots of frustration, I found a pattern online for ball pillows, so I sewed some up. They look more like Christmas pumpkins, but they definitely fill out the tree!

one more pain in the butt project...

One day I'll learn!

No comments: