This is my personal blog to help keep family and friends up to date with our projects. Feel free to follow along!

Friday, November 7, 2008

So far, so good.


I've got a good start on the twins' holiday dresses. I couldn't find a pattern, so I am having to significantly alter one I used for their dresses last year. I have somehow misplaced the instructions for the pattern, only the pages I need of course, so aside from having a few pattern pieces that I am using, I'm basically winging it.

I've got the linings put in and the collars on. Next are the sleeves, zippers, and hems. I am not good at zippers at all and I haven't quite figured out how I'm going to attach the tulle to the lining, but so far everything has gone really well! They are looking the way I hoped they would!

Next step is to find accessories for them. The dresses are so simple, that I was thinking pretty hair accessories would be nice. Something beaded and fancy! I found these silk flowers on clearance today, so I got them thinking maybe I could do some barrettes or a headband with them and add beaded centers. Any ideas or suggestions are welcome! I'll find some blue ones to go with the other dress.