This is my personal blog to help keep family and friends up to date with our projects. Feel free to follow along!

Saturday, November 1, 2008

Oooh...some new projects!




I decided to spend part of my birthday perusing the fabric store, sans twins, for a while. I have had a design in mind for their Christmas dresses, but haven't been able to find a pattern, so I think I'll just alter one I already have. I got lucky today finding fabric 1/2 off that will work perfectly! I'm planning for Sarah to wear a red velvet skirt with tulle trim, so I thought a velvet type fabric in other jewel tones would be cute for the twins' dresses. I decided to avoid red and green so that maybe they'll get some extra wear out of them. I'm so excited and I can't wait to get started! Here's the fabric and design I will be working with. Super simple, so I'm hoping that means super easy! (yeah, right!) I plan to put a lining in them with the tulle near the bottom, peeking out from underneath the hem.

Ellen is in love with the purple, so I guess that one is hers, which is fine because the blue will be gorgeous with Phoebe's eyes!

1 comment:

thousand words photography said...

ohhh, pretty! can't wait to see them finished and on!!!